It is the patient’s responsibility to request regular medication prior to the due date. Three days notice is required for processing all prescription requests.
Chapelizod Medical operates a policy of accepting prescription requests in writing only.
Repeat Prescriptions can be requested in the following ways:
1) A Repeat Prescription form should be supplied with each prescription. Please fill in the form and return to the letterbox at the main entrance to Chapelizod Medical Centre or, alternatively, by fax or post.
2) If you do not have a Repeat Prescription form, you can download one here or collect one from reception. Your pharmacy may generate a form for you also.
3) You can complete our online repeat prescription request below:
Online Repeat Prescription Form :
Chapelizod Medical Centre operates a policy of accepting prescription request forms by written request only. This policy is strictly adhered to and our admin staff members are not permitted to accept verbal/phone requests for medication at any time. This policy is in place to:
• Ensure maximum patient safety
• Ensure that patients are aware of the medications they are requesting
• Reduce the risk of prescribing of unnecessary medications
• Ensure accurate records of patient medication requests are retained
• Minimise human error
Your GP must receive the original hospital prescription in order to ensure the accuracy of the patient record.
Please allow three working days for a new medication to be added to your usual medication, this is to ensure the accuracy and safety of prescribing.